Novacool UEF is unmatched in the industry for efficiency, low environmental impact, and affordability.
Stay up-to-date with the latest fire fighting technology while reducing environmental damage, operation costs, and fire extinguishing time.
Novacool UEF increases fire fighting efficiency by eliminating all aspects of the Fire Tetrahedron - removes the oxygen, heat, fuel and chemical reaction:
- Formula with high endothermic capacity allows for rapid cooling
- Increases water surface tension to blanket and eliminate oxygen
- Chemically bonds with flame source to prevent reignition
Proudly a Canada/USA Made Product 🇨🇦
It has been our experience that Novacool is the best foam we have ever used in putting out oil field fires. Novacool creates a thick, enduring blanket that extinguishes these Class B fires more quickly and efficiently than other foams we have used, saving water, time and the oil that is being stored. Novacool UEF saves money for their department and the energy companies involved.
– Asst Chief Morgan Cox from Lenorah, Texas Fire Dept
Easy to Use & Easy on the Environment
Easy to Use
Switching to Novacool UEF is simple
- Easily incorporates into existing systems and SOPs.
- No additional equipment purchase is necessary
- Easily mixed with water
- Can be batch mixed with fresh or saltwater
- Compatible with other foams
- Suitable for use with CAF systems, Foam Pro, or inline eductors.
- Non-corrosive, which means no adverse effects on tanks, pumps, valves, or proportioning equipment.
Easy on the Environment
By replacing aqueous film-forming foams (AFFF) with 100% biodegradable, non-toxic Novacool UEF, you can eliminate the devastating environmental impact of ozone-depleting halon gases, which release both toxic hydrofluoric acid and bioaccumulating fluorocarbons into the environment when used.
Not only will using Novacool eco-friendly firefighting foam radically reduce your impact on local ecosystems, but it will also help you avoid fines, damage, and the associated administrative burden.
- 100% Biodegradable
- Less water use resulting in reduced water damage and runoff
- An effective toxic smoke scrubber
- A great alternative to banned fluorinated mixtures
- Exceeds the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements
Easy on Operating Costs
Novacool UEF is mixed with water at only 0.4%. This is an 87-93% reduction in product needed, compared to conventional extinguishing agents that are typically used at 3-6%. This means it is effective at approximately one-sixth (1/6th) of the concentration of conventional firefighting chemicals.
Novacool UEF is the most cost-effective firefighting foam available and requires just one-sixth of the product of our competitors while still reigning strong as the most efficient firefighting foam on the market.
Cost Comparison for Class B Fires
Your current 3% foam requires 6 (x 5 gallon) pails to treat 1000 gallons of water.
Novacool UEF can treat 1000 gallons of water with just 1 (x 5 gallon) pail at 0.5%
|Foam Brands||Foam %||Cost Per Pail||Pails required to treat 1000 gallons of water||Cost to treat 1000 gallons of water|
|AFFF||3%||$130.00 CAD||6 Pails – ( 5 gallons per pail )||$780.00 CAD|
|AFFF AR||3%||$159.99 CAD||6 Pails – ( 5 gallons per pail )||$780.00 CAD|
|Fluoroprotein||3%||$86.00 CAD||6 Pails – ( 5 gallons per pail )||$516.00 CAD|
|Novacool UEF||0.5%||$250.00 CAD||1 pails – ( 5 gallons per pail )||$250.00 CAD|
Technical & Safety Data
The Most Effective Firefighting Foam Manufactured Today
Novacool UEF is the most technologically advanced fire fighting foam manufactured today, with unparalleled efficiency in the industry.
By eliminating all aspects of the fire tetrahedron (oxygen, heat, fuel and chemical reaction) Novacool UEF Foam is a superior premium to firefighting foams.
- Class A fires (UL Certified)
- Class B fires (UL Certified)
- Class D fires*
- 3D (cascading, boiling, pressurized) fires
- Extinguishing polar solvents
Rubber, Creosoted Timber, and Deep Seeded Wildfire situations (unprecedented effectiveness due
to enhanced moisture penetration and high endothermic capacity)
- Fireboats - used extensively by environmentally progressive fire services everywhere. Reduced water usage and enhanced extinguishment aids in putting the fire out before the vessel sinks.
- UL Certified for Class A & B Fires
- Exceeds Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Requirements and Regulations
- Holds NFPA 18, 2006 certification for Class A and B
Though Novacool UEF has proven to be effective in fighting Class D fires, it is not UL certified for Class D fires. Proper training is required to ensure safe use.
- Easy on water use/runoff
- Easy on the Environment
- Easy on budget - Most Effective Firefighting Foam Manufactured Today
Novacool has no EPA or DOT reportable ingredients and does not contain any bioaccumulative products.
Novacool is a mixture of Anionic, Nonionic and Amphoteric surfactants. It does not contain any Fluorosurfactants (PFOA, PFOS) Nonylphenolethoxylates or Glycol Ethers.
YES! Most currently-used fire suppressants (specifically AFFFs) contain fluorochemical surfactants, Perfluorooctyl sulphates (PFOS), and Perfluorooctylbetaines that can oxidize to Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA). PFOA and PFOS do not degrade, which often leads to contamination of groundwater supplies and failure of wastewater treatment systems. These fluorosurfactants are persistent in the environment, and testing has shown them to be bioaccumulative. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has been investigating these aqueous, film-forming compounds because of their environmental buildup and damage to our valuable resources.
Novacool UEF does not contain PFOA or PFOS, NPEs, or glycol ethers. Novacool was tested by CH2M Hill in Corvallis, Oregon for aquatic toxicity and biodegradability and was shown not to cause toxic buildup or pollute groundwater. Novacool exceeds EPA guidelines and provides an environmentally responsible alternative to harsh extinguishers that pollute valuable resources in our environment.
Because Novacool UEF is powerful yet environment-friendly, it assists in water preservation and helps prevent water pollution. With Novacool, fewer chemicals are used and less water is used, which also results in less erosive runoff and less water damage to property. Makers of Novacool want to assist firefighters in helping to protect water, land, and other precious resources while extinguishing fires quickly and effectively.
Shipping & Delivery FAQ
For questions email or call us.
FOB Richmond BC or closest distribution point.
If you have questions about stock or shipping, email or call us.